Support for Mental Wellness
Mental Health Apps for Teens
• Calm: helps users with mindfulness and meditation. The app aims to bring more clarity, joy and peace to your daily life. The app includes guided meditations, Sleep stories, breathing programs and relaxing music.
• Pacifica: helps teens break the cycle of ongoing negative thoughts. It does this by using tools that target stress, anxiety, and depression. The app consists of psychologist-designed tools based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation, relaxation and mood/health tracking. Pacifica also has a paid option that allows users to work with a mental health professional through the app.
• Calm Harm: Provides tasks to help users resist or manage the urge to self-harm. The app contains five categories to help you fight the urge to self-harm. Each category includes five - 15-minute activities. These activities turn users' attention to healthier ways to handle emotions and impulses.
• My3 - Support Network: A support group app for people who have suicidal thoughts The app features a contact list to call in case of emergencies. The list includes three of the user's trusted contacts, 911 and the National Suicide Hotline. It also includes a safety plan which lists coping strategies and distractions. It's one of the best apps that help teens with mental health struggles that include suicidal ideation.
• Moodpath - Depression & Anxiety: Helps teens to detect symptoms of depression. Three times a day, users receive a question about the emotional well-being. After two weeks, users will receive a professional assessment. They can then share that assessment with their health care professional.